A day in the life and home of a child in an informal settlement 😢
Hello my name is Sunna, I'm 9 years old and I'm a kid.
This is the story of my life that I'm having, my life sometimes is really hard I face
so many problems in life. When we have dirty clothes, we don't get a washing machine,
we use a bucket to wash our clothes then we use the water in the bucket to water the grass
but the grass never really grows.
Whenever I go to school most of my friends are never at
school they say they don't want to learn. Whenever I get home my mom and dad always fight
so I never get sleep and I just go under the covers and cry. We have this soccer club at the
other houses it's does not look that nice outside, there is trash everywhere and the flood
from last week. There is still water from the flood. There is not a lot of education and I don't
know my math that well. When I go to the soccer club it always me makes me happy, because
my friends are they playing with me. We usually never make homemade meals, my family
just goes to the restaurant across the slope in where the bar is.
Hi My dad always goes there
to drink and comes home angry. I don't have a big house, I have a shack neither does the rest
of the town. When it rains the water goes through the roof and that's why my bed's always
wet. My dad built a new shack with some rusty tins and a broken piece of wood and
always uses his trusty hammer that he named 'Mola'. I wish we had a Khaya, a Khaya
is a strong house that is fire proof but my family doesn't have much money to get that.
My older brother Santo is in a gang and he steals my mother things to sell.
When I need the toilet I always have to go to the disgusting outdoor toilets, we don't have a
bathroom in our house it's just a bedroom and dining room. I will try and save money and try
and get a good education and try and help people and get a job and be.....happy.
This is the story of my life that I'm having, my life sometimes is really hard I face
so many problems in life. When we have dirty clothes, we don't get a washing machine,
we use a bucket to wash our clothes then we use the water in the bucket to water the grass
but the grass never really grows.
Whenever I go to school most of my friends are never at
school they say they don't want to learn. Whenever I get home my mom and dad always fight
so I never get sleep and I just go under the covers and cry. We have this soccer club at the
other houses it's does not look that nice outside, there is trash everywhere and the flood
from last week. There is still water from the flood. There is not a lot of education and I don't
know my math that well. When I go to the soccer club it always me makes me happy, because
my friends are they playing with me. We usually never make homemade meals, my family
just goes to the restaurant across the slope in where the bar is.
Hi My dad always goes there
to drink and comes home angry. I don't have a big house, I have a shack neither does the rest
of the town. When it rains the water goes through the roof and that's why my bed's always
wet. My dad built a new shack with some rusty tins and a broken piece of wood and
always uses his trusty hammer that he named 'Mola'. I wish we had a Khaya, a Khaya
is a strong house that is fire proof but my family doesn't have much money to get that.
My older brother Santo is in a gang and he steals my mother things to sell.
When I need the toilet I always have to go to the disgusting outdoor toilets, we don't have a
bathroom in our house it's just a bedroom and dining room. I will try and save money and try
and get a good education and try and help people and get a job and be.....happy.
You have a good understanding of the conditions in an informal settlement, Lindsay. I'd like to hear more about your own opinions.
ReplyDeleteI loved every single part of this story
ReplyDeleteI feel so sorry for Sunna she has a tuff life I think it is emotional
ReplyDeleteand the way you describe the different difficulty of her life.
I think your story was magnificent Lindsay it's really beautiful you but your heart out.P.S I think you should write a book about because if you did then I would buy it.
ReplyDelete