Poetry ILT
What Is Poetry? Poetry is like a paragraph about something, mostly the poems rhyme, but not always, it could be a sad poem, a funny poem, a serious poem, it could be any kind. There are also different TYPES of poems, like a Colour Poem or a Concrete Poem. It's not like a paragraph of what something is, like a paragraph about cats. It's something that comes from the heart is very meaningful.
Why Do People Write Poetry? People write poetry because it's a way to express there feelings or maybe just trying to make someone also feel emotion. It's a way to write something in a meaningful way.
Activities I Did In The ILT... There were lots of activities to do, there was the Chorus-Verse that we had to do with Mrs.Van Tonder where we had to make a play with the words of a poem. There was terminology, where we had to find out what some of the words they gave us meant. There was Analysing Poems, where we had to write special types of poems. There was Black-Out Poetry, where we had a to take a page out of a book (No books were harmed, we used old books) and use permanent marker to circle some words to make a poem. There was Imagery, where we had to get inspiration from a poem and draw a picture of what we felt and saw in our heads when we read a poem. There was a Poetry-Slam that we had to create with our groups and preform it in front of our class or grade if we wanted to.
My Best And Worst Activity And Why?
My best is the imagery, because it let me express my feelings about the poem and how I imagine it.
My worst is the Black-Out Poetry, because it was really hard for me to find words on the page to connect to put into a poem.
My Most Challenging Activity Was...
The Black-Out Poetry, because it was hard to find the words on the page to put in to the poem.
How Did I Feel Preforming?
I felt normal preforming, because I don't actually see myself as a shy person.
Which New Words Did I Learn?
I learnt stanza, onomatopoeia, consonance, assonance, figurative language, literal language and analogy.
What Did I Learn About Myself?
I learnt that I am able to work with a group better and be more creative.

My Best And Worst Activity And Why?
My best is the imagery, because it let me express my feelings about the poem and how I imagine it.
My worst is the Black-Out Poetry, because it was really hard for me to find words on the page to connect to put into a poem.
My Most Challenging Activity Was...
The Black-Out Poetry, because it was hard to find the words on the page to put in to the poem.
How Did I Feel Preforming?
I felt normal preforming, because I don't actually see myself as a shy person.
Which New Words Did I Learn?
I learnt stanza, onomatopoeia, consonance, assonance, figurative language, literal language and analogy.
What Did I Learn About Myself?
I learnt that I am able to work with a group better and be more creative.
Dear Lindsay,
ReplyDeleteI also liked the imagery because you could express your feelings about the poem. I really liked your poem!
From Sarah
Dear Lindsay ,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your blog
You really put a lot of effort into this blog.
Kind Regards Shannon
Dear Lindsay
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your blog and I also do not consider myself a shy person.
From Skyelar
Dear Lindsay,
ReplyDeleteI like what you learned about yourself,show that pride
Kind Regards Kholeka